“Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” – Abigail Adams
Attending a workshop can be a highly rewarding experience for anyone looking to expand their knowledge and skills in a particular area. My workshops offer a structured curriculum designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter, and participants can expect to receive valuable feedback. Additionally, my workshops are an excellent networking opportunity, allowing you to make new connections and collaborate with others who share their interests. Whether you are looking to develop a new skill, enhance your existing knowledge, or simply engage with others who share your passions, attending a workshop with me can be a highly beneficial and fulfilling experience.
These and other workshops can be delivered to your organizations and teams at your location or a private island off of Sidney, BC (depending on your preference and number of attendees).
How intentional are you in your communication? Do you find yourself misunderstood? Not as influential as you’d like? Does your team experience more conflict than is healthy? Perhaps your communication style is standing in your way.
How we communicate has a tremendous impact in how others perceive us, on how willingly they will follow us, and the influence we carry in our day-to-day work, inside and outside of our organizations.
Join Shell to learn communication techniques that make people feel seen, heard, and understood, inspire them to support you, and be the kind of leader others aspire to be.
- Learn how improving communication strengthens relationships and enhances organizational results
- Learn how to listen and respond in a way that inspires others
- Learn how intentional communication can increase leadership abilities, respect, and empower creative problem solving of those around you
How do you find the staff and future leaders to replace those nearing retirement? How do you compete with industry in a dwindling societal population to fill those roles?
It’s becoming more difficult to attract and retain top talent and even more so for organizations to entice volunteers to answer their call to join. Whether your department is career, paid on call, or volunteer, you have likely experienced the challenge in getting and keeping good people.
Join Shell to find out about the effect of culture on the workforce and how big and small shifts in culture can have a huge impact on recruitment and retention.
- Learn how to improve your department culture and be an employer of choice
- Learn how incorporating a coaching culture can lead to increased job satisfaction and happier staff
- Learn how embracing an intergenerational workforce can lead to cohesive team achieving optimal results
Are you clear on your leadership style? Are you able to authentically show up as the leader you want to be? How is your leadership style serving you and your people?
Leadership continues to evolve as society and workplaces change. Your leadership style plays a crucial role in driving firefighter engagement and morale, and impacts the overall firefighter experience in your fire department. The top three styles include Democratic, Coach-style, and Servant leadership. And there are more.
Join Shell to learn about the latest research and leadership styles that are effective in dealing with today’s world and workforce and ensure your style is aligned with who you are.
- Learn how to show up as the leader you always wanted to be
- Learn how leading with purpose, in a style that fits with you and your why, leads to a more effective leadership
- Learn how leaning into the leadership style that fits you empowers and inspires those around you
Presentation summary and key outcomes:
Does your team speak the same language? Do your team members know their values and their “why”? Know their personality type? If the answer is no to one of more of those questions, your team may not be performing individually or collectively as well as they could. Join Shell as she shares her learned and lived experiences and resources that can help fill the gaps, ensure optimal team performance, and help members grow and thrive.
- Learn how our values and personality types can help improve communication, relationships, and team performance
- Learn how important emotional intelligence is in the workplace, and how to improve yours
- Learn the connection between a coach approach and high performing teams and organizations
Presentation summary and key outcomes:
Have you lost your job and need help moving on? Preparing for retirement but not sure how you’ll stay relevant? Both situations can be difficult to work through. Join Shell to learn strategies to deal with the challenges that can accompany job loss or retirement. After going through both, Shell will share her learned and lived experiences and tips for dealing with purpose, identity issues, perceptions, and how to successfully prepare for the journey ahead.
- Learn how to mitigate the negative effects of job loss
- Learn how to retire while staying relevant, engaged, and healthy in order to enjoy the well-earned rewards
- Learn the connection between mind health, purpose, and mindset for a happy life